my life journey as Theaterians

I standing here and looking back on the past. What I have been passing through? Where am I now? There is my journey. Still long way to go but thousand miles me passing by…

My life’s Journey as Theaterians!

2002
I am starting with joining theater club in Shahputra College. From the ordinary members, I put one step ahead by attending Basic Technical Theater Course in 2002. That course took 5 days only, and more surprise that I am the only girl in that course. 5 days is more than enough to tell the world that how much I fall in love with theater world.

From that course I starting to know a few names who so famous in technical for theater such as Prof Dato’ Ghouse Nasuruddin, Badrul Zaman Jalil and Roslan Chin.

After I finish up the course, I got an offer from Shahputra College to become their Technical Manager for their first theater title Lorong 2/90 written by Suzanna MS (lecturer in Shahputra also). The theater is for Festival Theater Negeri Pahang 2002 (a group who won the first place and qualified for national level will compete in Festival Theater Malaysia)

Lorong 2/90 - Alhamdulillah…I go through the first time ever experience in my life. We won a few awards Best Technical 2002, Best Actress 2002 and 2nd place for the whole competition.

2003
I move to the next level from Technical Manager to Stage Manager, the scope little bit different. If compare to last time, I just have to know about technical things, such as doing lighting and set & prop design, but this time I have to know all aspects including actor preparation and have to liaise with every level in my theater group.

That year I work on Zanji Tok Kadri play, more comedian compare to Lorong 2/90 is quite serious and heavy issue. Our group is officially known as PROSENIUM SHAHPUTRA in 2003, with 30 club members.
We enter the Festival Theater Negeri Pahang, and we won 2nd place again, Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Support Actor and Best Technical again. Amin…

*we still fighting for first place!

On August Suzanna MS come out with new script, BUKAN CINTA BIASA – genre antirealisme, totally different with the other 2 theaters. My responsible is how to make the fantasy world to be on stage. Tough and fun job, that’s all I can say. I took 2 weeks to design the stage and come out with 3 designs. Luckily, the director like it and I and the gang start to make a set.

The most exciting in this year is I am shortlisted to attend Seminar Teater Malaysia, and I am the youngest one in that seminar, 20 years old. From that seminar I getting know Prof Madya Samad Salleh (actors and lecturer), Dr Hatta Azad Khan (head of Istana Budaya) and Ismail Kasan (Chairman of Theater Group in Malaysia. I learn a lot.

2004 - 2007
I am going to finish my Diploma in Business Management UPM, I was thinking to further my study to degree level, but I don’t think so that I am going to continue my business. I was looking around to take theater for my degree. In one eyes blink! I got the answer USM – be another destination. Degree in Fine Arts major in Acting & Directing! And become Bachelor in Fine Art (Acting & Directing) once I graduate!

Here I am in June 2004, with different environment and people. I start collect, record and keep all the best thoughts from the person who I really admire until now.

Janet Pillai – she’s a mother of passion
Prof Madya Samad Salleh – he’s a father who put all his energy to make sure everyone reach their level
Prof Dato’ Ghouse Nasuruddin – he’s a father of education
Dr Hardy – he’s a brother of encouragement
Dr Zainal Latiff - he's father of spirit
Dr Kipli – he’s a brother of strength
Pn Jumilah Tahir – she’s a sister with full of care
Roslan Chin – he’s a mentor
Last but not least the most adorable teacher and friend – Allahyarham Dr Jamaluddin Osman (semoga rohnya di cucuri rahmat, halalkan segala ilmu yang di curahkan pd kami)

This a year teaches me a lot about life, love, friendship, relationship and how to live alive!

I still attach with Prosenium Shahputra, we still fighting for the first place. And at last...
WE WON First place FESTIVAL THEATER NEGERI PAHANG!
but not qualified for Festival Theater Malaysia on 2005.

We going to do a second tour to Melaka, Kedah and Penang, we brought Zanji Tok Kadri to audience in Melaka, Kedah & Penang. I glad to tell you guys out there…WE DID IT!!!
Although a lot of incident happen in between

I still move forward, I don’t want to look at back...within this year I start to involve as actress. I dare myself to act, although I got small part in that play, but I believe I put one step ahead already.
and i so glad coz had a chance to work with really great people in such as Janet Pillai, Aida Redza (best chareographer in world), Prof Tan Sooi Beng (best ever music composer), Kathrine Chua, Ban Siang, Chung Wei, Siang Foong, Sheau Fung, Adeline Ong, Chen Yoke Pin, Yu Jean, Michelle, Caitlin Winter, Kent Tan, En Yusoff and so on (sorry if I missed out anyone name).
Thanks a lot for you guys. You colour my life with wonderful experience!!!
I lost my stage fright on this play SERUNAI MALAM, and since the day I got a lot of offer. I fall in love again!!!
and i still need room for improvement....

2004 – 2009
Bangsawan JULA JULI BINTANG TUJUH
GENDANG KOSONG
PUAKA MAHARAJA
BUKAN CINTA BIASA
ZANJI TOK KADRI
SERUNAI MALAM
HERITAGE HEBOH
HERITAGE HEBOH II
AWAL & MIRA
ANTARA
SEL 62
NUR
HAUS
TUKANG
BLIND DATE
MAHSURI
PAK TUA
SESAT
RED CARNATION
APOKALIPTIK
SHAKUNTALA
BUKAN BUNUH DIRI
Teater Kanak-Kanak BELALANG KENIT
GELANGGANG TOK WALI
STORM IN A BOX
MANUSIA RAJA
RONGGENG MERDEKA
DUSTA PADA SKALA 1 HINGGA 10

Still not enough, I promise to myself that I will not stop! I will go far and my journey will not comes to the end, because I believe that our generations will continue doing it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

J A T U H

Love Your Life

'semangat, mari peluk aku cepat!'